2017 Corporate Law Wine & Wisdom Seminar Series
Register Online Now or Download Registration Form
11 April – Takeovers Code – For Code/Listed Companies
Public M&A in New Zealand has dramatically changed with a new approach to Schemes of Arrangement making Schemes a more attractive alternative structure.
This presentation will focus on practical guidance for those that might be involved in a takeover/scheme – don’t wait until a notice of offer is made/received – be prepared!
9 May – Contract Law Issues for Commercial Managers
A practical guide to contract law: what to accept, what to avoid and how to negotiate a good deal, including:
- When is a contract legally binding?
- When can a party terminate?
- Tricks and traps to avoid
- What are the consequences of breach?
20 June – Buying and Selling a Business
An overview of the legal issues relevant to the sale or purchase of a business, including:
- Tips for an effective and efficient process
- Structure: Shares or Assets?
- Due diligence: identifying risk and ensuring value
- Negotiating strategies
- Managing risk and maximising value
11 July – Joint Ventures/Strategic Alliances
We will discuss our experiences establishing and working with joint ventures along with recent legal developments in the area, including:
- Shareholder agreements
- Limited partnerships
- Shareholder disputes
- Case law imposing fiduciary duties on parties to a joint venture
8 August – Capital Raising
An overview of legal issues arising from companies and directors seeking to raise capital, including:
- Private placements
- Venture capital investments
- Private equity strategy – fund raising and exit strategy
- Developments in securities law for public offers
Level 8, The Bayleys Building
36 Brandon Street, Wellington.
Time and Cost
Seminars are from 4:30pm to 6:00pm (Wine and nibbles provided).
Cost is $75 (including GST) per person per seminar.