2019 Commercial Client Lunchtime Workshops
Register Online Now or Download Registration Form
Our client workshops are designed to be a practical guide to commercial legal matters for non-lawyers.
The sessions are based on a round-table discussion led by senior lawyers and we target 6-10 attendees for each workshop.
18 June – Public M&A – Takeovers/Schemes/Strategic Stakes
An overview of public M&A in New Zealand including:
- When to use a Scheme vs a Takeover
- Recent developments and Panel guidance
- How to react as a target company or competing bidder
- Strategic stakes in listed companies
30 July – Contract Essentials – Tricks and Traps
A practical guide to contract law: what to accept, what to avoid and how to negotiate a good deal, including:
- When is a contract legally binding?
- When can a party terminate?
- Tricks and traps to avoid
- What are the consequences of breach?
20 August – Buying and Selling a Business
An overview of the legal issues relevant to the sale or purchase of a business, including:
- Tips for an effective and efficient process
- Structure: Shares or Assets?
- Due diligence: identifying risk and ensuring value
- Managing risk and maximising value
- Transfer of employees
17 September – Joint Ventures/Shareholder Agreements
We will discuss our experiences establishing and working with joint ventures along with recent legal developments in the area, including:
- Shareholder agreements
- Limited partnerships
- Shareholder disputes
- Case law imposing fiduciary duties on parties to a joint venture
15 October – Competition Law – Spot the Risks
An overview of how competition law applies to business and how to avoid becoming the subject of an investigation by the Commerce Commission and other enforcement action, including:
- Arrangements that substantially lessen competition
- Non-compete provisions
- Cartel conduct – criminal sanctions
- Dealing with competitors
Level 8, The Bayleys Building
36 Brandon Street, Wellington.
Time and Cost
Seminars are from 12:30pm to 2:00pm (Light lunch provided).
Cost is $75 (including GST) per person per seminar.